Monday, August 01, 2005

 

Whipping non attendance

Ok, since nobody has started posting other stuff besides the match review, I think I'll get the ball rolling a bit. I'm not one to sit high and mighty regarding the attendance of matches. I missed the last one. But I didn't have a ride, and that's a fact. I was ready and waiting at home for my old man to rock up and give me the car but he didn't. But excluding the last game, it was brought to my attention that a certain member was missing games for no excusable reason. I found this quite hard to stomach given I was injured and all things being good, had I not been injured, I'd have been the first person on the field wanting the ref to blow the whistle.

So you can imagine my vitriol at people who don't put their 100% into the team. By that, I mean saying you'll come and doing something totally different, or rocking up as if you were a certain minority group in the US gorging on fried chicken before the game. Nigger please, when you have an injured team member who is itching to come back, don't insult him by taking shit for granted. Don't say you're going to rock up and then click your fingers and sleep in. Don't tell me you didn't have a clock and fell asleep because you were camping on some surveillance mission in Cambodia. Don't tell me you're stuffed because you had to have dinner before the game. The whole thing to me is a little degrading.

I know, its petty. I know you think what a hard ass. I know you think I'm drawing a very hard line here. But if you had to wait a year on the sidelines and then a few more weeks contenting yourself with writing match reviews to keep yourself sane, maybe you'd think twice about your nonchalant attitude towards the whole thing. I dunno why I'm really writing this. Maybe you'll see where my beef with certain things is coming from. Just keep it real. Some more professionalism please. Like the tricky feet bastard from Scotch Titans owning Palm Sugar. 18 goals from one guy and a scoreline of 28-0. Now that, is what I wanna see.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?