Tuesday, August 02, 2005

 

More on match 6

Well put derek for this review. I especially liked the description of the other team haha. Anyway, trying to fill in the gaps, all I can remember was that Simon scored a dazzler of a goal. He pulls 3 defenders to him just off centre in the attacking quarter, then does a zidane-eat-your-heart-out spin right through them and into open space, followed by the trademark simon power shot which slotted in nicely. What a freakin' awesome goal. I can't remember who scored the others, might have been Quoc, Heng, Henry, but *goggle eyes*.

The work rate was methinks impressive (well, maybe because I was actually running). We were running and creating options (not always, because when you get f@&%#!, it's a matter of willpower to urge you on, and that ain't always there - more on this soon, just popped into my head). So yeah, we closed down attackers and ran back to defence to double team them (the double teaming was clearly frustrating the oppostion, as one of the big asian dudes backed up and pushed me into the net with this rather wide load ass after a successful double team tackle saw me take the ball off him). Anyway, I was fully f#@*#! when I subbed off, and sweating like a pig. Felt satisfied.

A big props to derek, who redeemed himself by saving a penalty, after he gave it away for kicking the ball when it was outside of the circle. Don't hit the panic button too soon mon. Also, some good tap outs in close situations to clear the ball, good one d.
That's my 2 cents worth. Some other random awards...

Best shoes on field: Henry
Darkest on field: Sanji (honorary in the absence of Chops)
Most time spent in goal circle: Derek

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?